If your new job means some changes in your routine, it might also require some changes to your home and auto insurance.
A new job can be an exciting new start. It can also mean some lifestyle changes. Many jobs today are implementing policies that include flexible hours, working from home, and an increase in travel opportunities.
Here are some considerations regarding your insurance when you are starting a new job.
For your car insurance:
- If you will be using your private vehicle for business purposes, check with your employer and then with us to make sure you have adequate liability coverage in case of an accident. For more on business use of your personal vehicle, click here.
- If the number of miles you commute changes, check in with us. You may be able to save some money on your policy.
- If you’re renting a car for business purposes, your employer may already have an insurance policy in place. But, your personal coverage might also be needed to pay for damage in some cases. With rental cars, we always recommend you purchase the rental car coverage. Click here for more on why we recommend the additional insurance for a rental car.
For home insurance:
- If you have office equipment in the house, such as a laptop or printer, talk to us and let’s make sure it’s covered on your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- If you’re now self-employed, doing out-sourced work or consulting, you may need to purchase professional liability coverage.
- If clients come to your home, you may need to purchase a home business or a small businessowners policy. For more on insurance for home based businesses, click here.
Choosing the right insurance agent is one of the most important decisions you will make. The Turner Agency, Inc. is a local Trusted Choice® independent insurance agency headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina.
Serving the Upstate of South Carolina and beyond since 1962, we offer a variety of personal and business coverage choices and can customize an insurance plan to meet your specialized needs for your business, homes, automobiles, recreational vehicles, secondary homes, and more. Contact The Turner Agency today.
The information in this article was obtained from various sources, including State Auto Insurance, and is not all inclusive regarding the subject matter. This content is offered for educational purposes only.