It’s almost time for vacation, and you are working your way down the packing list. If you are packing your valuable jewelry, be sure you have the insurance coverage you need. Your homeowners policy may only offer limited coverage for your jewelry, based on the type of item and cause of loss.
Before you leave, contact us to talk about valuable items coverage. We want to be sure you have the appropriate coverage in the event of a loss. In addition, here are some valuable suggestions from our personal lines team on how to protect your valuables while traveling:
- As already mentioned, if you don’t know if your jewelry is covered under your insurance policy, give us a call before you leave.
- Snap a quick photo of the jewelry you are packing for your trip. This will be extremely helpful if you have to file a claim later.
- Never pack your jewelry in your checked bag. Always wear your jewelry or keep it in your carry-on bag.
- Once you check into your hotel, use the safe in your room to store your jewelry. Don’t leave it out.
- If you will be visiting an unfamiliar destination, consider leaving your valuables at home.
The Turner Agency, Inc. is a local Trusted Choice® independent insurance agency located in Greenville, South Carolina and in Clemson, South Carolina. Serving the Upstate of South Carolina and beyond since 1962, we offer a variety of personal and business coverage choices and can customize an insurance plan to meet your specialized needs for homes, automobiles, recreational vehicles, secondary homes, and your business. Contact The Turner Agency today.